This year we have five board members retiring from JA PTO. They have been a tremendous help to our school and we are sad to see them go. We are also excited to meet new parents interested in helping out their children’s school!
The executive board is made up of 6 primary positions; there are currently openings in every position except treasurer. Each position is shared by two people, helping to spread out the work load.
The following is a brief explanation of the tasks of each position.
- The President shall preside over all meetings of the PTO and Executive Board.
- The President shall prepare agendas for all public and board meetings.
- The President shall coordinate the work of the PTO Officers and Committees to ensure that all responsibilities are met.
- The President shall meet with the Principal to coordinate joint efforts throughout the school year. The President also delegates responsibilities as necessary.
- The Vice President shall act as an aide to the President and take all such action under the direction of the President.
- The Vice President shall perform the duties of the President in the absence or disability of the President.
- The Vice President shall help the President effectively delegate responsibilities as necessary.
- The Recording Secretary shall keep an accurate record of all meetings of the general membership and the Executive Board and shall provide minutes via email to the officers and board members.
- The Recording Secretary shall keep approved PTO minutes in a file.
- The Recording Secretary shall assist the Corresponding Secretary as needed.
- The Corresponding Secretary shall assume responsibility for the creation and distribution of any and all PTO correspondence including, but not limited to, monthly calendars for PTO bulletin board, announcements, facebook and blog posts and thank you notes.
- Thank you notes shall be distributed in a timely manner from when the event took place. In most cases, one month after the event will serve as a benchmark.
- The Corresponding Secretary shall act as the Recording Secretary in the absence of the Recording Secretary.
- The Volunteer Coordinator shall organize volunteers for various events.
- He/She is responsible for maintaining the volunteer database throughout the school year.
- The Volunteer Coordinator shall interface with Chairs of various events as needed.
- The Historian shall take pictures of all PTO events to record for facebook, website and/or school yearbook.
- He/She shall serve as historian and maintain a record of the school’s acknowledgments, community publications, and noteworthy accomplishments.
- The Historian shall serve as a liaison between the school and district with regard to publicizing school events.
- The Historian shall be responsible for the creation of photobook/scrapbook annually to be kept on file at school.